A Gem Well Taken

The moment you realize you're a gem, is the moment you are swept off your feet!

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Want to coyor Mommy...yeah O.K.!

















I forgot to mention in between all of my cleaning and organizing I've been taking breaks throughout the day to color, or should I say but the caps back on the markers. This has become one of his favorite things to do! We sit in the same chairs, his facing the TV. so he can see himself, while he proceeds to tell me what each color is, which he knows! We are now learning dark and light colors, something to mix up the routine! So in the midst of coloring, most times having something more important to do, I'm reminded that this is what is MOST important! To love and spend quality time with my son, to teach him and guide him as best I know how, to nurture and show mercy to the best of my ability. Knowing that someday my son will live up to and exceed his potential and God given gifts. Sometimes we need these little breaks to clear our mind and to refocus on what's most important. So if you don't have kids and you work all day, I encourage you to take a break and doodle, you never know what will happen! Let's just hope you don't get fired! :)

Just a side note:
As I've been reading this book, Captivating, the word mercy had come up alot. So I looked it up in the dictionary and as I read the description it brought out a whole new meaning to this word.

Mercy: Compassionate treatment of those under one's power, a disposition to be kind and forgiving and a blessing.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somebody once said that the best things in life are free. That person must have been watching their little son or daughter doing something like coloring. It is an amazingly enjoyable experience... especially when they lead you by the hand to the tabled destination and say, "Color daddy, yeah, OK?" What can you do but smile and say..."Crayons or markers?" Noah likes the brighter ones so markers it is. It is truly one of the best things in life...and it's free! I bet you can't figure out my anonymous identity!

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Children are so beautiful and amazing. That was a good post Jess. You and Ryan (oops! should I say "Mr. Anonymous"?) are incredible loving parents!

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every time I see a picture of Noah I can't believe how much of little boy he is now. It must be an amazing thing to watch him grow. You two are great parent's. Can't wait to see what the next one is like...

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every time I see a picture of Noah I can't believe how much of little boy he is now. It must be an amazing thing to watch him grow. You two are great parent's. Can't wait to see what the next one is like...

3:00 PM  
Blogger Terri and Mark said...

I LOVE that photo of him coloring!

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! children bookcases plans http://www.order-butalbital-online.info/Arizona2c-culinary-art-schools.html pinellas cellphones Airplane shoting game 1985 subaru gl parts classic soft bookcases Free femdom toons invisible floating shelves Waterbeds brisbane book shelves Zithromax delayed reactions heavy+duty+shelves

8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! cadillac chevrolet gmc

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home