A Gem Well Taken

The moment you realize you're a gem, is the moment you are swept off your feet!

Sunday, April 29, 2007

To all you Moms out there...

My hat goes off to all you Mother’s out there! My Grandpa sent me this email and it got me thinking of all the things a Mother does for their kids, from cleaning butts to putting on shoes, we go above and beyond every need and sometimes want! What they just don't know at this age is that someday they'll be doing it for us too!

There is an old story about a mother who walks in on her six-year-old son and finds him sobbing. "What's the matter?"she asks."I've just figured out how to tie my shoes.""Well, honey, that's wonderful." Being a wise mother, she recognizes his victory in the Eriksonian struggle of autonomy versus doubt: "You're growing up, but why are you crying?""Because," he says, "now I'll have to do it every day for the rest of my life."

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hello! Post pictures from the prom. We're all dying to find out how that turned out and Ryan is no help!!!

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home