A Gem Well Taken

The moment you realize you're a gem, is the moment you are swept off your feet!

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Much Love




This past weekend we had the chance to see my Mimi (Great Grandma) in Tucson, she now lives in a nursing home and we are pretty much counting her last days. She is a wonderful woman full of so much love and compassion! I prepared myself before we went keeping in mind she wouldn't know who I was and would be very confused, which is how she's been. When we walked in and I saw her my heart sunk, she looked so old and like all the life had been sucked out of her. But as we approached her it was liked she sensed familiarity, she didn't know who we were but knew we had to be family. As soon as she saw Noah her personality starting to shine! She started singing, clapping her hands, laughing and playing games with him. My Uncle Bud, who takes care of her said he hasn't seen her act this way in months! It just made my day to see her smile and to possibly have one last great memory with her!

5 Comments:

Blogger Terri and Mark said...

How great you got to see her and Noah got to meet her. Even though he won't remember, you atleast have photos to capture the moment.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I LOVE that you painted her nails! That is SO precious.....
It's photos like that that make me love being a photographer. It's all about capturing the essence of the moment...

7:06 AM  
Blogger Martin said...

Jess, you did it...it brought tears....

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember when we stayed with Mimi in high school for Volleyball camp? I remember those great name tags she made for us. I don't know if I've laughed that hard since then. So great to see a picture of her. She must have loved to see Noah.

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Martin, it brought tears to my eyes too. Jess, exactly what I love about you - you are REAL and so very compassionate. How sweet is that - you polishing her nails!? I'm so thankful we are friends. :o)

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home